If you’ve been following my Blog, then you may already know that I am making some changes to my life and to my work in an effort to explore and share who I am as a person. If this is all new to you, you might like to take a glance at my last blog post: Finding Myself.
One of the major changes I’ve decided to make is to start using my Twitter regularly. For the past few years, my twitter profile has been 100% promotional. I only posted if I had a new video coming out, a video featured on Pornhub, or if I had received a gift that I wanted to thank someone for. While there is absolutely nothing wrong with using twitter this way, I can do better. I can do better for you and I can do better for myself.
With Twitter, I have two goals:
- To share more of myself with you through spontaneous photos, gifs, videos, text tweets, and AMAs.
- To fill my feed with people who inspire me, people I can learn from, content that makes me happy, and whatever else I feel may help me to grow as a person and as a sex worker.
We are a culture that grows from the sharing of ideas, and as such, we are so incredibly fortunate to have social media as a part of our lives. Yes, social media can cause drama and stress, but it’s up to the individual to allow it to have that affect on their life. If you so choose, it can be a wealth of information and inspiration. Social media can be something you look forward to checking in on and engaging with. Wild, right?
Since I have no control over your feed and how you choose to use it, I can only invite you to include me in it. If you don’t have a twitter account, consider creating one and joining the community or just drop by my page every now and then to see what I’ve been posting.
Btw, if you don’t want my tweets in your main feed, you can also add me to a list. Lists can be set to public or to private and all of my tweets will show up there. Just check in on the list whenever you’re in need of a little Ayla.
By inviting you to follow me, I hope to make your feed a little more pleasurable, even if you already enjoy using Twitter. To do this, I’ve made some changes to my profile that I think will make my posts more meaningful. For example, I started by cleaning up my posts and turning off auto tweets from Manyvids. In the short time that I’ve been paying attention to Twitter, I’ve noticed that stuff like this is really, really annoying. I’ve also started taking and tweeting photos and gifs just for fun and tweeting my answers to anonymous questions left for me on CuriousCat. All in all, my profile is becoming more personal and less promotional.
In addition to all of this, I’ve also made some changes to my personal feed in an effort to make Twitter a more pleasurable and useful place for me. As I mentioned before, I want my feed to be to filled with people who inspire me, people I can learn from, content that makes me happy, and whatever else I feel may help me to grow as a person and as a sex worker. If you’re not happy with your Twitter feed, figure out what you want it to look like and consider trying out some of the things I’ve done to regain control over my feed and to enhance my Twitter experience:
- Decide what you want your feed to look like – decide what kinds of posts you want to see and no longer want to see.
- Purge your feed – unfollow or mute accounts that you don’t want to show up in your feed. Don’t worry about people getting mad, or wondering why you’re no longer following them. Do this for yourself.
- Create lists for people you don’t need in your main feed – you can check in on them whenever you like.
- Mute keywords and hashtags you don’t want to see in your feed – they will still show up in other places on twitter, but it will mostly keep them out of your feed. For example, I have #MVSales muted. You can do this from your twitter settings.
- Follow accounts that post things you’re interested in – you can always unfollow or mute them if you change your mind.
- Turn off retweets for accounts that retweet too much or retweet content you’re not interested in.
- Turn off likes (if you don’t like to see them in your feed) by using the Make Twitter Great Again Chrome Extension
- Turn on notifications (if you want them) for accounts you are interested in.
- Engage with posts and accounts that you enjoy and want to see more of.
- Play around with the “show the best tweets first” option in your twitter settings. I’m still working on this and figuring out if I like it on or off.
With all that said, I truly hope you decide to join me on twitter and I hope you enjoy all my new tweets!